GetLost Map puts the whole State of Victoria (Australia) at your fingertips, online and offline, with free 1:25,000 and 1:50k topographic maps for you to download.
I use OziExplorer when I'm out bush, on my Android tablet, phone and laptop, whether I'm on the bike, in the truckosaurus, riding a yak, riding a camel, riding a camel which is riding another camel, getting my snowshoes dirty, or just sitting in front of the fire wondering where to go next.
The problem was, I was sick of getting by with sub-standard offline maps of Victoria, either because:
- Their coverage is limited (Adventurers are great but don't cover everwhere)
- The level of detail is crap (250k isn't much good for walking)
- They're way out of date (Festy's are good but they're almost of marriagable age)
- The POIs are useless (I want to see cool, relevant stuff)
- They cost dollars (I'm not paying 431 x $5.50 to Vic Gov to download auto-generated PDFs)
- Bush tracks are just not visible due to contrast, colours and sizing (OSM and Festy)
Don't get lost.